Sunday 7 February 2016

Running a diet to swipe procrastination

Hello,

Are you struggling with procrastination? Well, if you are, then we're in the same boat. Maybe I'm even the worst procrastinator on the planet! I've missed out on so many things just because I felt too lazy to start right away. But today is a new day because here I am, back in the blogging land.

Every time I come here, I always promise myself that I'll stop procrastinating and start writing consistently. But if I'm being honest, I've been doing the exact same thing with my life too, and it seems to get me nowhere. So all my work piles up until I reach the final moment. And let me tell you, one thing that's for sure is that it stresses me out, and the work ends up almost undone. Even if it's done, it's not going to be the same next time. NEVER...!

I've been living my life like this until recently. 

On January 30th, 2016, to be exact, I was browsing YouTube about customizing my journal. It's not a big thing, but yes, I do keep a journal, and unlike most people, mine runs on a monthly basis (just like this blog). Then I stumbled upon this amazing video by Robin Sharma titled "How I Beat Procrastination." It's a must-watch video. It's unfortunate that I hadn't seen it long before. I'm sure most people know him. For those who don't, he's the author of "The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari" (a great book, truly inspiring).

Okay, enough talk. Coming back to the YouTube video, Sharma talks about overcoming procrastination and taking control of your life. The best part of the video is where he talks about the 30-day procrastination diet. And in my experience, it's been going great. I really love the idea behind it. He also talks about visualizing our dreams through pictures and a few other things. Watch it now! For me, writing this blog is also part of the diet.


 I am obsessed with all thing bright and colorful  (typical me) So for my chart I have added stickers and personalized it (its quite attractive now unlike the plain boring chart) Paste it on your wall or your journal anywhere where you will see everyday just so that you don't forget to run the diet! 
 I hope you will try too and I am sure it will help you.
 Procrastinate procrastinating- Now!!


Stay Active and Motivated
 Be Well






***MenanElsy***

No comments:

Post a Comment